According to latest news the Serbian broadcaster RTS has just revealed that the Serbian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest of 2013 will be chosen in the open competition Beosong 2013, on March. The festival will consist of two nights – a semi final and a final.
In addition to this, RTS has decided that the best option for selection would be an open competition, where the Serbian public will decide who should represent them in Malmö. The official call for entries will begin on 1st December via the national press and radio. This window of opportunity for submitting songs will close on 20th January.
More over Duška Vučinić-Lučić, the PR of RTS and the Managing Director of the project “Eurovision Serbia” summarises the main concept of all this:
* The open competition will begin on 1st December where all the rules and regulations about taking part in the national selection will be announced, and from then all the composers and the artists will have until the 20th of January to send in their song. where entries are called for it.
* When this period ends, a maximum of 15 songs will be chosen to progress to the semi final.
* In the semi final of the national selection, there will be no more than 15 songs, and through televoting the best five will proceed to the final.
* In the final night, the Serbian entry will be chosen out of those five finalists. According to the financial situation, “Beosong 2013″ will be organized in RTS’ studio
* The winner of the live final will represent Serbia in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö.
Source: www.eurovision.tv , RTS